Director, National Accounts – North Central
Supervisor's Title: VP, Sales and Market Access
About Baudax Bio
Baudax Bio is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative products for acute care settings. The Company has multiple investigational non-opioid therapeutics in clinical development for the treatment of pain conditions and is currently developing their lead candidate, IV Meloxicam, a proprietary, long-acting preferential COX-2 inhibitor for the treatment of acute post-operative pain with plans to file a New Drug Application (NDA) in early 2019.
Our pipeline also includes other early-stage product candidates, including two neuromuscular blocker agents (NMBs) and a related proprietary chemical reversal agent, and Dex-IN, a proprietary intranasal formulation of dexmedetomidine, a selective alpha-2 adrenergic agonist that is being developed for its sedative, analgesic and anxiolytic properties.
We believe we can create value for patients and shareholders through our robust pipeline of product candidates. In addition, we continue to evaluate acquisition and licensing opportunities which align with our core acute care focus.
Baudax Bio is seeking a Director, National Accounts who will work with the Sales, Market Access, and Medical Affairs teams to manage strategic national and regional accounts including Health Systems, Integrated Delivery Networks and GPOs. This individual must exhibit exceptional account management skills, knowledge of and experience with the Acute Care and HOPD segments of Integrated Delivery Networks and Health Care systems.
The Director, National Accounts will support the company’s business imperatives by developing and executing strategic account plans that demonstrate understanding of the factors that influence decisions within the customer organization. This will involve customer profiling, gaining deep customer understanding, developing relationships with key institutional stakeholders, conducting market development activities and helping shape the overall Key Account team strategy. This will also include gaining and driving formulary access, integrating care protocols and clinical pathways. This position requires a strategic individual with direct experience and expertise with pre-launch and post-launch activities.
As a core member of the commercial team, reporting to the VP of Sales and Market Access, this individual will be among the first commercial field hires and will have responsibility to assist in building the commercial capability necessary to successfully launch the company’s first product and to provide market intelligence that will provide critical insights to the organization.
Key Responsibilities and Objectives
- Profile assigned accounts and develop relationships with clinical, operational and C-suite customers.
- Develop understanding of the health system network and develop strategic business plans for targeted systems.
- Identify customer needs and effectively represent Baudax Bios’s solution capability.
- Develop product access within targeted health care systems and GPOs.
- Coordinate local account management planning and execution activities with sales leadership
- Ensure gathering and dissemination of market intelligence
- Identify business opportunities and development of concrete actionable plans to work within formulary decision structures.
- Serve as a resource for Sales and Sales Management, Medical Affairs, Marketing, and other internal stakeholders with respect to strategic accounts.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or specific Practice Management/Supervisory Leadership experience
- Minimum 7 years of successful sales, account management experience and minimum 2 years of experience in Market Access.
- Sales management experience a plus.
- Experience gaining new, branded product acceptance within health systems and IDNs and driving use through protocol and order set development.
- Thorough experience in using approved pharmacoeconomic data.
- History of interfacing with high level system executives (CEO, COO, CMO, and Pharmacy Directors), and building advocacy for appropriate product access and use.
- Strong analytic skills, financial business acumen, and the ability to successfully develop and implement strategic plans.
- Ability to focus attention on building and maintaining customer relationships to achieve success.
- Strategic thinking, planning, communication and demonstrated ability to influence.
- Candidates should be solution oriented, demonstrate advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to achieve results through others with and without a formalized leadership role.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills, and competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- High emotional intelligence and a professional disposition that is consistent with the company’s vision and values.
- Strong persuasion and influence skills as well as compelling communication skills.
- Ability to quickly adjust to work environment changes and proactively move projects and priorities forward in the face of ambiguity.
- Desire to work in and foster an environment of open communication, collaboration and engagement.
- Possesses the ability to navigate organizational politics in an effective manner.
- The position requires up to 75% travel and is a field-based position.
- Ability to keep commitments and agreed-upon actions.
- Develops approaches that best position products, services, or ideas; leverages supportive factors, overcomes or minimizes barriers, and addresses unique needs and preferences of key decision makers.
- Seeks information to understand situations, needs, and desired potential benefits.
- Good driving record
- Ability to drive during the daytime and nighttime
- Ability to travel overnight for 3-4 nights per week (drive or fly); 65% travel
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.