Acute Care Specialist - North Central Peoria, IL
Supervisor's Title: VP, Sales and Market Access
About Baudax Bio
Baudax Bio is a revenue-generating, specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative products for acute care settings. The Company has multiple investigational non-opioid therapeutics in clinical development for the treatment of pain conditions and is currently developing their lead candidate, IV Meloxicam, a proprietary, long-acting preferential COX-2 inhibitor for the treatment of acute post-operative pain with plans to file a New Drug Application (NDA) in early 2019.
Our pipeline also includes other early-stage product candidates, including two neuromuscular blocker agents (NMBs) and a related proprietary chemical reversal agent, and Dex-IN, a proprietary intranasal formulation of dexmedetomidine, a selective alpha-2 adrenergic agonist that is being developed for its sedative, analgesic and anxiolytic properties.
We believe we can create value for patients and shareholders through our robust pipeline of product candidates. In addition, we continue to evaluate acquisition and licensing opportunities which align with our core acute care focus.
The ACS will be responsible for achieving and maximizing territory and account sales goals through account management, high-level clinical proficiency and effective selling. The ACS will be the primary point of contact for Baudax Bio with key hospital influencers and decision makers across key functional areas including but not limited to surgeons, anesthesiologists, pharmacists and formulary committee members.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical, surgery, biotech or related sales experience
- Minimum of 3 years hospital or Ambulatory Surgery Center sales experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Demonstrated track record of sales success and leadership
- Ability to comprehend and utilize technical information
- Solid understanding of Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC)/Hospital Marketplace
- Active and current relationships with target audience and KOLs within local geography
- Product Launch experience
- Strongly preferred that candidates reside within territory
- Scientific degree preferred
- Surgical and/or acute care analgesia and/or anesthesia sales experience preferred
- In depth knowledge of buy & bill system
- Experience navigating the Market Access Space
Core Competencies and Qualifications
- Possesses deep customer knowledge and understands the hospital and outpatient surgery marketplace and the goals and concerns of each targeted account within their defined territory (patient care issues, protocols, reimbursement). Is able to create and implement a business strategy based on the marketplace dynamics
- Easily builds relationships within customer base and within the Baudax team
- Ability to plan and organize to maximize business opportunities
- Must be able to educate targeted individuals on the clinical and economic data of IV Meloxicam and work closely with Strategic Account Managers, Corporate Account Directors and Medical to present a unified approach and consistent data to the customer
- Possesses strong account management skills including but not limited to: negotiation, communication, influence and leadership
- This is a field-based position
- Depending on territory, significant overnight travel may be required; travel also required to regional and national meetings
- Home office space necessary to accommodate IT equipment
- Driving/flying requirements differ by territory
- Driving/flying to and from targeted accounts
- Transporting LCD and setting up at Physician Education/Sales Programs
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.