Director of Field Reimbursement and Policy
About Baudax Bio
Baudax Bio is a revenue-generating, specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative products for acute care settings. The Company has multiple non-opioid therapeutics in clinical development for the treatment of pain conditions and is currently promoting their lead product, ANJESO™, indicated for use in adults for the management of moderate-to-severe pain, alone or in combination with non-NSAID analgesics.
Our pipeline also includes other early-stage product candidates, including two novel neuromuscular blocker agents (NMBs) and a related proprietary chemical reversal agent, and Dex-IN, a proprietary intranasal formulation of dexmedetomidine, a selective alpha-2 adrenergic agonist that has demonstrated sedative, analgesic and anxiolytic properties.
We believe we can create value for patients and shareholders through our robust pipeline of product candidates. In addition, we continue to evaluate acquisition and licensing opportunities which align with our core acute care focus.
The Director of Field Reimbursement and Policy is a critical frontline member of the Market Access team. These individuals will have no direct reports, however, will be expected to work interdependently with the Medical Affairs team, Regional Sales Directors and Field Based Sales Specialists. The Director of Field Reimbursement and Policy will partner with customers to assist with education on reimbursement procedures, ensuring the success of the company and its customers. The Director of Field Reimbursement and Policy will oversee the business objectives, activity, and any reimbursement obstacles– all aligned in focus with corporate goals and objectives. This position reports to the National Director, Trade and Distribution. This is a field/remote position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in business, management, healthcare administration or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in reimbursement.
Experience/Contributions to the team includes:
- Create and pull-through key access and affordability messages relating to patient support services by educating the HCPs and office staff.
- Key external stakeholders include: HCPs and office staff (billing and coding) as well as understanding and managing HUB service provider.
- In-depth understanding of pricing, National Service Frameworks, health care systems, payer trends and market access pathways across major geographies; Medicaid, Medicare, BC/BS, and payers a plus; ability to apply insights to reimbursement strategies.
- Manage daily activities that support appropriate patient access in the provider offices and work as a liaison to other patient assistance and access support services offered by our HUB.
- In depth field reimbursement for IV injectable product (HCPCs, CPT) codes, including a strong understanding of and respect for patients, providers, advocates, and dedicated health care providers.
- Build account level access strategies and pull-through with field colleagues.
- Extensive experience directly supporting healthcare providers to facilitate appropriate coverage, coding and payment for specialty buy-and-bill and distributed products.
- Comprehensive knowledge and prior experience working with both government payers (Medicare Administrative Contractors and FFS Medicaid) and regional commercial payers to help resolve complex reimbursement issues.
- Keep up to date on information relating to policy including but not limited to, coverage, coding, reimbursement, and changing customer requirements.
- Understanding of hospital and ASC financial systems and management practices.
Key Responsibilities and Objectives
- Providing expert coverage, coding and payment information to Hospitals and ASCs, in support of field sales team.
- Must excel at engaging senior medical and pharmacy stakeholders on both business and reimbursement needs.
- Deliver high-touch customer education and support as it relates to all aspects of reimbursement for Baudax products.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for field sales and ensure customers (hospitals and ASCs) have a complete understanding of coding, coverage, and billing requirements by payer and setting of care.
- Maintain and leverage new and existing payer relationships to facilitate coverage decisions.
- Work closely with the field team to identify and address customer reimbursement issues and policy issues at the payer level.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates support and consultative approach to help offices obtain insurance authorization and/or reimbursement of products for appropriate patients.
- Quickly identifies issues, problems, or opportunities and determines whether action is needed.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and continuously adapt in a rapidly changing atmosphere.
- Highly responsive and possesses sense of urgency when pursuing goals and completing tasks.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including developing relationships at all levels in an organization and directly influencing business objectives.
- Ability to build trusting relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to assess a customer’s business situation and the impact of reimbursement on the customer’s practice, marketplace, and competitive conditions.
- Demonstrates openness in dealing with others; shares personal agenda; acts in a manner consistent with organizational, social, and moral values; ensures that words and actions are consistent; keeps commitments to agreed-upon actions.
- Highly skilled in discussing health economics models with customers.
- Seeks to continually build relationships and networks with others.
- Clean driving record
- Ability to travel overnight as needed (drive or fly); 50% travel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily within the context of the representative work environment and physical demands described above. Likewise, qualifications listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the position’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Baudax is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.