Regional Business Director - Northeast Region
About Baudax Bio
Baudax Bio, Inc. (Baudax) is a revenue-generating, pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative products for acute care settings. The Company has multiple non-opioid therapeutics in clinical development for the treatment of pain conditions and is currently promoting their lead product, ANJESO™, indicated for use in adults for the management of moderate-to-severe pain, alone or in combination with non-NSAID analgesics.
Our pipeline also includes other early-stage product candidates, including two novel neuromuscular blocker agents (NMBs) and a related proprietary chemical reversal agent, and Dex-IN, a proprietary intranasal formulation of dexmedetomidine, a selective alpha-2 adrenergic agonist that has demonstrated sedative, analgesic and anxiolytic properties.
We believe we can create value for patients and shareholders through our robust pipeline of product candidates. In addition, we continue to evaluate acquisition and licensing opportunities which align with our core acute care focus.
The Regional Business Director (RBD) leads the business in their geographical area and is accountable for the successful execution of sales and marketing strategies. The successful candidate has demonstrated the ability to lead and to focus teams on business outcomes while increasing organizational capability. The RBD is a critical leadership position and is responsible for leading a team of high performing Acute Care Specialist (ACS) who will call on appropriate Healthcare Providers (HCP’s) within hospital inpatient and outpatient departments (HOPDs) and ambulatory surgery centers (ASC’s) in support of Baudax Bio’s products within the marketplace. RBD’s are expected to meet revenue and execution objectives and foster a culture of ownership, positive empowerment and innovation. The RBD will manage the training of new hires for approved products, as well as prepare POA training workshops and assume additional assignments beyond the traditional RBD role. This position reports into the Vice President of Sales.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds, leads and develops a sales organization that continuously raises the bar on talent, positioning individuals and teams to deliver against its expectations by executing business plans and commercial strategy.
- Partner with the Director, National Accounts aligned within your geography to develop pull-through strategies and reimbursement support for key HCP stakeholders. Work compliantly with Regional Medical Directors through the formulary process in targeted accounts.
- Lead in a highly strategic manner, skilled in balancing the achieving near term revenue objectives with crafting mid and long terms plans.
- Responsible for developing in-depth relationships with Key Opinion Leaders within the Acute Pain space.
- Able to respond quickly to events in the external marketplace with a clear plan of action.
- Leads the communications and provides specific direction regarding corporate objectives to direct reports and aligns the corporate and area objectives and messages to the sales force.
- Provides specific input into the talent acquisition strategy and supports the execution of the strategy through tactical implementation of the approved deployment plan including recruiting, hiring, and training.
- Leads the development of operating budgets for their assigned area.
- Ensures full and complete compliance of all selling activities for the sales force in their area per Baudax Bio’s standards and to all state and federal regulations.
- Conduct the training of new hires.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or specific Practice Management/Supervisory Leadership experience
- Minimum of 3 years selling to hospital and in ASC marketplace required.
- Minimum of 3 years of sales management experience, preferably in biologic/injectable/infusible drug/buy and in the pain space.
- Minimum of 5 years’ field biologics experience, ideally with injectable drugs. Direct biologic launch experience highly desirable.
- Managed account-based representatives that worked within the hospital and outpatient environments.
- Experience in other functional areas: Marketing or Sales Training.
- Start-up and launch experience as a 1st line leader highly desirable.
- In depth knowledge of the buy and bill system.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Candidates should have a strong history of sales success – documented Top 20% Year End Rank for last 2 companies.
- President’s Circle achievement is a plus.
- 6 – 10 Acute Care Specialists (ACS).
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of the inner workings of hospital and hospital systems operating parameters. This includes and understanding for how best to drive utilization, navigate formulary adoption and large account management principle. Knowledge of private payer Medicare and Medicaid structure systems and reimbursement process and its impact on utilization is a core requirement.
- Technical knowledge of health care reimbursement from a patient and provider perspective (miscellaneous J codes, billing coding, appeals process) is strong desired.
- Strong emotional intelligence and proven ability to manage experienced sales professional.
- Communicate effectively both in writing and verbally across the organizational continuum.
- Proven ability to deliver performance feedback & assist in career development planning with direct reports.
- Live within 45-minute drive of major airport (No relocation assistance is available).
- Ability to schedule individual work related travel (air hotel rental car as needed).
- Above average computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good driving record
- Ability to drive during the daytime and nighttime
- Ability to travel overnight for 3-4 nights per week (drive or fly); 75% travel
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.