Head of Human Resources (Corporate)
About Baudax Bio
Baudax Bio, Inc. is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative products for patients in acute care settings. Baudax Bio, formerly the Acute Care Division of Recro Pharma, Inc. (REPH), spun-out from Recro in 2019. We are committed to bringing clinically meaningful therapeutic options to patients, health care providers, and payers, such as our lead product candidate, injectable meloxicam. We believe we can create value for patients and shareholders through our robust pipeline of product candidates. In addition, we continue to evaluate acquisition and licensing opportunities which align with our core acute care focus.
The Head of Human Resources (Corporate) role is to lead the Human Resource function while administering Human Resource programs, policies and HRIS related to employee and labor relations, benefits, communications (internal/external), payroll, compensation, compliance, recruitment, employee support and training and development.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
A) Essential Duties
- Partner with executives and management-level leaders to proactively address the human capital objectives and needs of the business to include talent acquisition, selection, development, compensation planning, employee relations, organization effectiveness, employee engagement & retention and
- Day to day responsibilities in the areas of onboarding/offboarding, employee relations, performance management, compensation and salary planning, analytics/reporting, etc.
- Contribute to the development of HR strategies in support of the business strategy.
- Manage HRIS data flow and
- Manage numerous payroll and equity-related procedures and workflow to ensure all payroll and equity transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Work with Independent Executive Compensation Consultants regarding compensation matters for Executives and Reporting and Presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Coach/mentor management in progressive discipline, conflict management, employee relations and employee development.
- Provide counsel, support and assistance to employees and/or managers regarding the company’s Human Resources programs and policies. Ensure any employee-related issues are addressed in a timely manner and managed to successful resolution.
- Maintain knowledge and compliance with current state and federal legislation and
- regulations governing the workplace.
- Continuously work to improve the business processes that are primary or shared responsibility to this
- Manage special company-wide initiatives/projects as requested.
B) Supervisory Responsibilities
- Manage HR Consultant(s) and Independent Executive Compensation Consultants
- Bachelors and/or master’s degree, preferably in HR-related
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification
- A minimum of 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in business partner roles, with broad generalist knowledge in employee relations, compensation, organizational development, training and talent acquisition.
- Life Sciences industry experience required.
- Experience with all facets of human resources including knowledge of recruitment processes, benefit and compensation administration, employee relations, and legal compliance
- Experience with establishing standards through developing and maintaining an Employee Handbook to ensure compliance with legal requirements while meeting the company’s
- Serve as a communication link between management and
- Identify and recommend opportunities to improve key areas within each department.
C) Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understand laws and regulations with regards to employee
- Knowledge of external HR trends and
- Knowledge of HRIS systems including performance management, compensation, benefits, employment, staffing, employee relations, organizational
- Strong written/verbal communication skills; good listening skills; a team player who demonstrates the ability to relate to employees at all levels of the
- Ability to develop professional relationships and credibility with management
- Approachable, inspires trust and confidence. Ability to use good judgment and discretion with highly confidential business and employee
- Ability to manage multiple projects and
- Strong PC skills/aptitude. Proficient in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.