Sr. Manager / Assoc Director, Sales Training
About Baudax Bio
Baudax Bio is a revenue-generating, specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative products for acute care settings. The Company has multiple non-opioid therapeutics in clinical development for the treatment of pain conditions and is currently promoting their lead product, ANJESO™, indicated for use in adults for the management of moderate-to-severe pain, alone or in combination with non-NSAID analgesics.
Our pipeline also includes other early-stage product candidates, including two novel neuromuscular blocker agents (NMBs) and a related proprietary chemical reversal agent, and Dex-IN, a proprietary intranasal formulation of dexmedetomidine, a selective alpha-2 adrenergic agonist that has demonstrated sedative, analgesic and anxiolytic properties.
We believe we can create value for patients and shareholders through our robust pipeline of product candidates. In addition, we continue to evaluate acquisition and licensing opportunities which align with our core acute care focus.
The Sr. Manager/Associate Director Sales Training reports to the Sr. Director, Commercial Operations and will work closely with members of the Commercial team (Sales, Marketing, Market Access & Trade, Sales & Marketing Operations) and cross functionally throughout the organization to develop and implement learning initiatives in support of strategic objectives and business needs. This position will be accountable for developing, executing, and measuring the effectiveness of all training initiatives, as well as coaching and providing support to field and home office team members.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, develop, and implement effective training programs to ensure both new and existing field team members are properly trained on clinical data, promotional messaging, marketing and market access tools, reimbursement, business acumen, and selling and account management methods in the hospital/acute care setting
- Develop high quality training content independently, in collaboration with internal teams, or through management of external agencies
- Use best in class training methods including eLearning, self-study, computer-based training, remote/virtual learning, classroom and experiential learning to ensure effective delivery
- Responsible for executing all training logistics including meeting scheduling (live and virtual), coordination with presenters, administration of content in Learning Management System (LMS), and other miscellaneous tasks as needed to ensure an efficient and effective training experience
- Appropriately tailor internal training programs to provide training to external selling resources, contract sales teams, independent contractors, etc.
- Develop key performance indicators to evaluate the effectiveness of training programs
- Collaborate with Field Leadership to assess effectiveness and proficiency (ie. Certification) and develop comprehensive remediation plans as appropriate to improve performance
- Conduct on-going needs analysis through the collection of feedback and through working in the field to identify best practices, trends, and areas that require learning support
- Establish mechanisms to constantly improve training content, processes, and methods to address evolving business and development needs such as presenting and selling in a virtual environment
- Partner with the commercial team and all key business functions (Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Clinical, Medical, HR, Legal, Regulatory, Compliance etc.) to ensure cross-functional input is integrated into training program content and delivery
- Ensure all developed materials are appropriately reviewed and approved through the Promotional or Medical Regulatory review processes
- Ensure all training is provided in accordance with company policies and procedures and are conducted in strict compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Create and facilitate workshops for POAs and other training meetings; assist with logistical coordination of field training meetings; manage external vendors as needed
- Serve as a central hub for field communications from home office teams on training-related items (ie. promotional pieces, market access tools, etc.)
- Create and implement leadership development programs aligned with corporate objectives and provide training for home office employees as needed
- Uphold and consistently demonstrate Baudax Bio’s culture and values
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; MBA or advanced degree is a plus
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferably in institutional sales with experience in Hospital/Acute Care setting; sales training experience required
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Adobe Acrobat; Expertise in MS PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Compliance Wire or similar
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize own workload, act independently and take initiative
- Organized and demonstrated ability to work systematically and with high efficiency, achieving the relevant results on time and at a high standard
- Excellent Project Management skills and experience – ability to define and follow processes
- Strong communication skills, excellent verbal and writing skills, require minimal supervision, and should have a solid understanding of the commercialization process
- Strong innovation – must be able to identify better ways of doing things and engaging others in improving methods and procedures
- Excellent presentation skills both in person and virtually
- Position based in Malvern, PA with 25-50% Travel/Field Work
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily within the context of the representative work environment and physical demands described above. Likewise, qualifications listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the position’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Baudax is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.