REGIONAL MEDICAL DIRECTOR / MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISON (RMD/MSL), West
About Baudax Bio, Inc.
Baudax Bio, Inc. (Baudax) is a revenue-generating, specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative products for acute care settings. The Company has multiple non-opioid therapeutics in clinical development for the treatment of pain conditions and is currently promoting their lead product, ANJESO™, indicated for use in adults for the management of moderate-to-severe pain, alone or in combination with non-NSAID analgesics.
Our pipeline also includes other early-stage product candidates, including two novel neuromuscular blocker agents (NMBs) and a related proprietary chemical reversal agent, and Dex-IN, a proprietary intranasal formulation of dexmedetomidine, a selective alpha-2 adrenergic agonist that has demonstrated sedative, analgesic and anxiolytic properties.
We believe we can create value for patients and shareholders through our robust pipeline of product candidates. In addition, we continue to evaluate acquisition and licensing opportunities which align with our core acute care focus.
The Regional Medical Director/Medical Science Liaison (RMD/MSL) role is a therapeutic position that will represent Baudax and ANJESO (meloxicam) injection for intravenous use, a long-acting preferential cyclo-oxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitor.
The RMD/MSL will function as a field-based extension of Baudax’s Medical Affairs team serving as a liaison between Key Opinion Leaders and Baudax in order to deliver comprehensive medical and scientific information in connection with ANJESO and, as expert in the pain space and multimodal therapy.
The RMD/MSL will act as scientific experts, interacting on a peer-to-peer level with key opinion leaders (KOLs), researchers, payers and advocacy groups. The RMD/MSL will support Baudax’s research initiatives and will develop and maintain long term relationships with current and future thought leaders in academic and clinical medicine. The RMD/MSL will deliver and discuss research data and new medical treatment concepts to key stakeholders affiliated with key institutions. This position will be aligned with Baudax’s Medical Affairs strategy.
RMDs/MSLs will work cross-functionally with key internal stakeholders to ensure scientific information exchange, education, alignment of Baudax’s research needs of healthcare professionals, along with the execution of Baudax’s goals and objectives.
RMDs/MSLs are accountable for and have decision-making responsibility for deploying resources to support and ensure attainment of business objectives. He/she will be accountable for the accurate and timely documentation of all activities, including call points and expense reports.
The RMD/MSL must demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with all departments at Baudax Bio, including the Commercial, sales, and account teams, consistent with all Baudax Bio pharma policies and procedures.
- Identify, develop and maintain professional relationships with thought leaders, consultants, researchers and healthcare professionals (HCPs) in assigned areas of therapeutic interest to ensure communication of current and emerging medical and scientific information on Baudax’s products resulting in improvement of optimal patient care and outcomes.
- Present company approved messaging regarding Baudax’s products to HCPs including physicians, academic institutions, researchers, and allied health care professionals, consistent with all Baudax’s policies and procedures. Assist in the planning of Advisory Boards and other scientific forums to ensure accuracy and access to the most current scientific and clinical data supporting the capture of customer insights and feedback.
- Present company approved messaging regarding Baudax’s products to Centers of Excellence, Academic Medical Centers and related health care organizations. Ensure that healthcare organizations have the latest information on Baudax’s products resulting in optimal patient care and outcomes.
- Field therapeutic area expert demonstrating high scientific knowledge and competency of Baudax’s therapeutic areas, products and competitor data. Serve as a local medical and scientific resource to Baudax for business/clinical strategy and tactical plan development and execution, clinical insights and intelligence reporting. Capture, synthesize and deliver HCP derived scientific insights to Baudax.
- Support research and development programs including working with customers on real-world evidence generation and investigator-initiated trials program as requested by Baudax’s Clinical Operations and Medical Affairs Departments.
- Develop and execute proactive territory medical action plans and summary reports demonstrating results consistent with Baudax’s policies and expectations.
- Represent Baudax Medical Affairs during therapy area, national and regional conferences including booth support and healthcare practitioner interactions.
- Assist the field in the reconnaissance of Market landscape determination and competitive intelligence including therapeutic trends and unmet needs within the appropriate disease states and marketplace and provide timely feedback/information on emerging clinical/scientific information and opportunities to internal stakeholders.
- Operates at the highest level of Baudax’s compliance and professional standards. Adherence to compliant behavior is an expectation and demonstrated by embracing ethical decision-making practices and guidelines in all aspects of our organization.
- PharmD, PhD, M.D., RN, CRNA, or other recognized doctorate level degree (license in good standing) along with supporting applicable health science background.
- Hospital formulary process experience
- Acute pain management, anesthesia, hospital, surgery experience preferred
- Market Access experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Regional Medical Director/Medical Science Liaison, or equivalent
- Ability to travel 50-60% and must be able to work over the weekend
- Demonstrated alignment with Baudax’s values and culture
- Knowledge of applicable pharmaceutical industry legal and regulatory guidelines
- Working knowledge and understanding of FDA requirements and PhRMA guidelines
- Clear understanding of the inter-relationship between field medical and commercial teams
- Strong cross functional team collaboration, leadership, and planning skills
- Ability to build productive work relationships both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated project management ability.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication, strong presentation skills and teaching skills.
- Strong business acumen
- Strong organizational agility
- Ability to learn and convey clinical and non-clinical technical information effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to lead and influence key decision makers
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Proficiency in Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other software programs
- Working knowledge of research methods and real-world evidence generation
- Experience presenting health outcomes data to formulary decision makers
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.