Director of Trade & Contracting
About Baudax Bio, Inc.
Baudax Bio, Inc. (Baudax) is a revenue-generating, specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative products for acute care settings. The Company has multiple non-opioid therapeutics in clinical development for the treatment of pain conditions and is currently promoting their lead product, ANJESO™, indicated for use in adults for the management of moderate-to-severe pain, alone or in combination with non-NSAID analgesics.
Our pipeline also includes other early-stage product candidates, including two novel neuromuscular blocker agents (NMBs) and a related proprietary chemical reversal agent, and Dex-IN, a proprietary intranasal formulation of dexmedetomidine, a selective alpha-2 adrenergic agonist that has demonstrated sedative, analgesic and anxiolytic properties.
We believe we can create value for patients and shareholders through our robust pipeline of product candidates. In addition, we continue to evaluate acquisition and licensing opportunities which align with our core acute care focus.
This individual will report directly to the Executive Director, Market Access and Trade and will work closely with several departments including but not limited to US Marketing, Sales, Regulatory, Legal, finance, external customers and the joint commercial team. The individual will also be responsible for the Trade and Distribution budget.
The Director of Trade and Contracts will be field based and will be the individual responsible for all short and long-term trade strategies, programs and tactics associated with distribution of Baudax Bio’s within the US. In addition, he/she will lead cross functional efforts around trade strategies, programs and tactics associated with trade in the US in the areas of distribution, SPP and SD management, PBMs, 340B, and contracting. They will manage the process and renewal of GPO contracts and Direct contracts for ASC, hospital and IDN customers.
- Lead the execution of multiple strategies and the development of programs and tactics to attain strategic objectives in all areas of the Trade organization
- Lead channel partner contract negotiation and channel optimization initiatives
- Responsible for monitoring and control of channel inventory
- Timely respond and solve any shipping, ordering issues within distribution channels
- Play a critical role in the contracting strategy, execution, and reporting
- Lead, coordinate and manage all Trade related activities that will help ensure success
- Work with internal stakeholders on executing evolving federal and legislative rules which impact distribution in the US
- Manage direct contract process. Responsible for working with field sales and market access to implement account level contracts, acting as point person for contract onboarding as well as adherence to agreed-upon levels of performance
- Ensures all company values are met within the department on a consistent basis
- Work closely with other departments and compliance legal departments to ensure the department meets and exceeds all training responsibilities and meets all policies and procedures
- Work closely with 3PL and Title vendor on contracting integration
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to assess the strategic, operational, and financial implications of new contracts and opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; Scientific degree, MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
- Must have previous experience with distribution (wholesale, Specialty Distributors and 3PL) GPO, IDN and direct account process
- Successful track record as a leader with 10+ years relevant experience with increasing job responsibilities
- Buy and Bill experience strongly preferred
- Candidates must possess the ability to proactively analyze business problems, identify key issues, develop solutions, implement tactical programs, and design metrics to measure business impact
- Must be able to satisfy all hospital credentialing criteria
- Uphold and consistently demonstrate alignment with Baudax’s values and culture
- Ability to build productive work relationships both internally and externally
- Strong analytic skills, financial business acumen, and the ability to successfully develop and implement strategic plans
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills, and competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Desire to work in and foster an environment of open communication, collaboration and engagement
- Strong communication, leadership and ability to drive influence across stakeholders to set direction, align work efforts, and ensure outstanding execution
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities and people
- Ability to travel approximately 50 percent of the time
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.